Tuesday, April 24, 2007

First "take one" holder is up

I mounted my first Pedestrian Propaganda distribution holder the other day. I loaded it up with 15 Big Stamps (which are pieces pre-coated with paste so all you have to do is wet them to stick them up). Today, I went back to check on it and two were missing. I'll do another check in a few more days.

And on another exciting note... Look what you can do with a laser printer! I used my HP LaserJet to print directly on silkscreen mesh (I used synthetic mono-filament). The advantage of this is that I can transfer designs to the mesh with great accuracy. Typically, silkscreen printers just use photo-emulsion (such as Diazo by Speedball) to set the design in the screen. Though there are several different formulas for photo-emulsion, the problem with all of them is that they are fairly toxic (contianing either Diphenylamine, or a Dichromate), and often carcinogenic. So, I am hand-painting the resist until I can find (or someone invents) a non-toxic photo emulsion. In the meantime, this being able to print on mesh with a laser printer is kinda cool and may prove useful beyond this application anyway.


No comments: