Thursday, March 30, 2006

Jason told me the best thing...

I gave Jason Galuten a book of my poetry for Christmas. The other day, he and I were using Google Chat (through Gmail)... here's the transcript

Jason: so anyway... your poetry has become popular around here
me: ??
Jason: I have had people over my house on different occasions...
and they end up taking turns reading poetry and laughing and smiling and other things
In fact, I hadn't even read any of it until someone picked it up off of my shelf and began reading stuff aloud
i like ode to a speed bump
there are many other favorites
just las week we had a bonfire at my cabin and people were passing around your book
very nice
me: ... that's.. well the best thing I've heard in quite a while.
Jason: yeah, man... you're stuff is really good... people who don't know you are getting a lot of joy out of it
me: That was my only wish -- truly
Jason: right on
well... you should distribute them more ...
hmm... nah...
just write more..
for me and my friends

Sent at 3:28 pm on Monday

2 comments:

Amy said...

He is right, you know. I have never had the desire to read poetry. Now, I have the desire to giggle, ponder and gasp. Thank you for the wonderful book... now go write more.

andrewfrueh said...

I am preparing myself... it is beginning again... soon the dreadful symester ends, and I can return to myself.